Swim a Century!
Take the 100-Mile Swim Challenge
Think you have what it takes to be in the 100-Mile Swim Club? The goal is to swim 100 miles in the year 2017! That’s 176,000 yards or 3,520 laps. Still sounds intimidating? Set a goal and swim 68 laps per week, and you’re in the club! Registration will stay open throughout 2016, so you can sign up at anytime throughout the year. This program is for Y Members only. Let the bragging rights begin!
Only laps you swim at the YMCA can count. You must maintain your distance log at the YMCA branch of registration. Snorkels, fins, paddles, pull buoys, and kickboards are all acceptable to use as swim aids.
Earn rewards as you swim!
- Sign up – Receive a YMCA lanyard
- 25 Miles – Receive a 27 oz. water bottle
- 50 Miles -Receive a drawstring backpack
- 75 Miles – Receive a gym towel set
- 100 Miles – Your name added to the 100-Mile Swim Club plaque wall and a 100-Mile Swim Challenge T-shirt specific to that year
CONTACT INFORMATION (Madison)
Hogan Family YMCA
256-705-9622 Ext. 310
CONTACT INFORMATION (Huntsville)
Southeast Family YMCA
256-883-9622 Ext. 126