On April 19, the Heart of the Valley YMCA will host Healthy Kids Day to help families address barriers to living healthier and being more physically active every day.
From 9 a.m. to noon, Southeast Family Y in Huntsville and Hogan Family Y in Madison will have opportunities for kids and families to engage in some healthy play and activities designed to teach safety during out-of-school time.
Here’s what’s going on!
- One-mile Run Just for Fun
- Register for the Southeast YMCA 5K Color Dash Run
- Inflatable obstacle course
- Kids ZUMBA & yoga
- Children’s Garden
- Tang Soo Do martial arts
- Take-home flower pot activity by Home Depot
- Healthy snack prep by Registered Dietitian
- K9 Search/Rescue and Drug Dogs
- Bicycle and skateboard safety
- Local mascots
- Demonstrations by Huntsville and Madison fire and police departments
A leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y holds Healthy Kids Day annually to teach healthy habits and inspire a lifetime love of physical activity through active play. As part of this initiative, the Y – along with hundreds of thousands of parents and kids nationwide – is taking on summer by addressing critical gaps in health and education that cause kids to be at risk for childhood obesity and suffer summer learning loss.
Southeast Family Y
1000 Weatherly Road, Huntsville
Hogan Family Y
130 Park Square Lane, Madison