Child Watch is provided as a benefit to Y members ~ let our staff watch your children while you work out or take part in Y programming!
The Y offers Afterschool Care including School Holiday Camp at the Hogan and Southeast Ys, as well as preschool and child care at Early Childhood Education Centers in Northwest, Downtown and Southeast Huntsville.
Downtown Express Y Hogan Family Y Southeast Family Y
Please honor the following YMCA Child Watch policies:
- Child Watch is a member benefit.
- Only children listed on your YMCA Family membership plan will be eligible for this service.
- Limit 2 hours per visit.
- Space is limited. Once maximum capacity has been reached, a sign will be posted at the Child Watch and Courtesy Counter.
- Please help us with expected wait time by filling in your approximate visit time on the sign-in sheet so that we can notify parents who are waiting for the service.
- Parents are responsible for following check-in and check-out procedures.
- If someone other than the parent who checked in the child will be checking the child out, staff must be notified by the check-in parent. ID may be required.
- If a child cries continuously or appears to be distressed for more than 10 minutes, parents will be notified and should assist in calming the child.
- No food or drink products will be allowed in the Child Watch area.
- Any child who appears to be ill and contagious (fever and/or cough, for example) will not be allowed to stay for the health of staff and other children.
- Please be sure to take your children to the restroom before checking them in; staff may not leave the Child Watch room unattended.