A crisp Fall day set the stage for a perfect afternoon of play for 73 golfers at The Ledges for the annual YMCA Tee Up for Kids Charity Golf Tournament. Eighteen teams enjoyed lunch by Beauregard’s and a presentation in the ballroom before the shotgun start at noon. A single parent benefiting from a child care scholarship spoke about how her journey toward a professional career was made possible by the generosity of YMCA donors to the Heart of the Valley YMCA Early Childhood Education program. While on the course, golfers enjoyed beverages provided by Windmill Beverage and Buffalo Rock. Following play, golfers gathered at the clubhouse for refreshments, prize drawing, and awards. Southeast Family YMCA’s own Bradley Ruff, Director of Family Services, won closest to pin playing for The Cutter Group. Foster Brooks of the Trustmark team won longest drive. To put a twist on the tournament and give the most teams a chance at winning, prizes were given for first, fifth and twelfth place to R2C Support Services, Samples Properties, and Strategic Defense Solutions, respectively.
YMCA Early Childhood Education Board of Advisors member Ryan Renaud, who also played for team Trustmark, was the Tee Up for Kids Chairman assisted by board members Stephen Cutter, Lori Lioce, Stephen Gemma Sivetz, Ashley Linares and Ken Watson. In-kind sponsors were The Ledges, Windmill Beverage, Beauregard’s, Costco, Bullet & Barrel, Honest Coffee, and Huntsville Havoc. Chase Commercial, deciBel, Laughlin Service, Neighboars Wealth Management, Spencer Companies, and R2C Support Services sponsored hole signs.
To see a gallery of photos from the 2018 tournament, click here.
Tee Up for Kids was generously supported by these sponsors:
- Bryant Bank, Gold Sponsor
- Redstone Federal Credit Union, Gold Sponsor
- Bailey Harris Construction, Silver Sponsor
- COPT, Silver Sponsor
- Iron Mountain Solutions, Silver Sponsor
- MTSI, Silver Sponsor
- Strategic Defense Solutions, Silver Sponsor
- Aviagen, Team Sponsor
- Cutter Group, Team Sponsor
- Daiven & Ginger Harper, Team Sponsor
- John Hamilton, Team Sponsor
- Progress Bank, Team Sponsor
- R2C Support Services, Team Sponsor
- Samples Properties, Team Sponsor
- Siniard, Timberlake & League, Team Sponsor
- The Lioce Group, Team Sponsor
- Torch Technologies, Team Sposor
- Trustmark, Team Sponsor
- Victory Solutions, Team Sponsor
To learn more about YMCA Tee Up for Kids sponsorship, email email@example.com or call 256.428.9622.