UPDATED for May 14, 2021
We at Heart of the Valley YMCA know that you have questions during this unusual and challenging time. We've tried to cover a few of the most frequently asked below, but if you don't see the info you're looking for here, call your branch or send a message using our contact form below!
Is the Y open?
The YMCA is currently open for all activities. Reservations are required for Group Exercise "land" classes (not water-based), racquetball courts, and Hogan Family YMCA lap swimming.
You can also take your favorite group exercise classes online! We have live streaming classes on-demand from gentle yoga to HIIT to groove. Find your next class or fitness challenge at https://www.ymcahuntsville.org/work-out-at-home/.
Your favorite local group ex instructors are leading live streaming classes on Facebook, too! Visit your branch Facebook page to view live stream classes.
I do not want my membership fees to stop, I want to support the Y. What are you doing with the money?
Wow, thank you!! Your support will ensure that you have a part in serving our community's most vital and pressing needs.
What are you doing to keep members safe at the Y?
Thanks for reaching out and sharing your concerns, because we are concerned, too. We are working hard to make sure that our branch environments are as safe as possible for members and staff. We have implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. To keep our Members and Staff safe, we have:
- Installed I Wave air purification technology on all or our HVAC units supplying air to our fitness centers
- Increased fresh, outside air flow into our fitness centers
- Increased the number of cleaning and disinfecting stations throughout our facilities
- Installed acrylic sneeze guards for member engagement stations
- Disinfect our fitness equipment with state-of-the-art electrostatic foggers
- Installed touchless hand towel, hand sanitizer and soap dispensers
- Assigned additional staff for cleaning.
- Although optional, adult members are encouraged to continue wearing masks when not engaged in a workout and to maintain 6 feet of distance between members who are not of the same household. Children ages 6 and up must wear masks when in Afterschool Care and Child Watch.
Got more questions? Use the contact form below to send us a message or call your branch. Thanks for being a member of the Y!