Dear YMCA Members,
We are extremely excited to welcome you back to the YMCA on Monday, May 18 beginning at 6 a.m.! We deeply appreciate your support and commitment to the YMCA during this unprecedented time of crisis.
In preparation for reopening, we have:
- Installed I Wave air purification technology on all or our HVAC units supplying air to our fitness centers
- Increased fresh, outside air flow into our fitness centers
- Increased the number of cleaning and disinfecting stations throughout our facilities
- Installed acrylic sneeze guards for member engagement stations
- Ordered state-of-the-art electrostatic foggers to disinfect our fitness equipment
- Begun replacing all of our manual paper towels, hand sanitizer and soap dispensers with touchless units
- Assigned additional staff for cleaning.
In order to meet the requirements of Gov. Kay Ivey’s Executive Order and Proclamation from the Alabama Department of Public Health, we have developed a phased approach to our reopening. By state mandate, the capacity of our facilities and programs has been greatly reduced in the short-term. Therefore, entrance into our facilities must be reserved online at www.ymcahuntsville.org.
We strongly encourage you to visit www.ymcahuntsville.org/welcomeback to learn what you can expect when you walk into our facilities on May 18. Our pools are open only for lap swimming and lanes must be reserved through our online reservation system. Saunas, steam rooms and whirlpool spas are closed, and by state mandate, showers and lockers are not available. Towel service at the Downtown Express YMCA is discontinued. In order to provide you with the safest environment possible, we ask that you adhere to the following guidelines:
- Members will maintain a minimum of six feet distance
- Members will disinfect equipment before and after use
- Members will sanitize hands upon entering and exiting the building
- Members will notify the YMCA if they test positive for COVID-19
- Members should bring their own full water bottle. Water fountains are unavailable at this time.
In closing, we ask for your patience and support during the next few weeks as we navigate together the reopening of our YMCAs. You can fully expect as we get feedback and as the state allows us more flexibility, we will transition back to normal operations.
With heartfelt gratitude,
President and CEO
Heart of the Valley YMCA