As the situation with COVID-19 continues to evolve locally and across the country, we will provide updates here about how our Y is responding.
Keeping Our Communities Informed
Following Guidance of Public Health Officials
We are monitoring updates by the Alabama Department of Public Health for any changes in recommendations for individuals, businesses and organizations. In addition to the guidance we’ve already provided about good personal hygiene and staying home if you don’t feel well, officials are also recommending that at-risk individuals should avoid crowds and take other steps to protect themselves. "At-risk" is defined as anyone over the age of 60 or anyone of any age with a chronic medical condition including heart disease, lung disease or diabetes.
Current YMCA Updates
April 9, 2020
New Classes! Virtual Resources for Staying Fit & Healthy
- The YMCA is now providing more than 250+ online workouts that you can do at home. Popular workouts from beginner to advanced are provided by Les Mills, MOSSA Move, and YMCA360! Click here to access the workouts.
- MOSSA Move workouts are provided as a free 60-day subscription. You will be asked to enter payment info, but you will only be charged if you choose to continue the subscription past 60 days from signing up.
Child Care for Essential Employees
- Essential employees may register their children for child care at the Southeast and Hogan Family YMCAs. Financial assistance is available! Click for more information.
- Huntsville City Schools online classes will be available at the Southeast Family YMCA for children of essential employees. Call 256-883-9622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Y Coffee Club
- Are you one of our silver social butterflies and missing your YMCA friends and staff members? We're keeping in touch with you three ways!
- Ring, ring! Y Staff are calling our senior members! We want to know how you're doing and if you need help with anything like errands, or if you just want to chat.
- This Week at the Y Coffee Club: Cycle through Japan and sample local culture, visit The Vatican and the Alabama Virtual Library, try the Easter Word challenge, make your own face masks, and follow along to group ex classes including Tai Chi, gentle yoga, & silver circuit weights.
- Join the Y Coffee Club on Facebook. Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy conversation with friends, share photos, and be social!
Youth & Adult Sports Programming
- Youth Soccer at the Hogan and Southeast Family YMCAs has been canceled. Refunds for fees paid are being issued.
- Youth & Adult Sports practices and games are suspended.
Stand With Us: A Letter from YMCA President/CEO Jerry Courtney
- Our community needs us more than ever. Please read this important message from Heart of the Valley YMCA President Jerry Courtney.
Y Kids Zone
- Jump into our virtual Y Kids Zone for fun activities including visits to children's museums, the Great Huntsville Easter Egg Hunt, a Grand Canyon mule ride, Sarah's Music Room, the new 12 Bursts exercise challenge, STEAM, and animal cams. Fresh content added every week! Go to the Y Kids Zone
Y Branch Facilities
- YMCA branches in Huntsville and Madison are currently closed for fitness activities.
- Programs, group exercise classes and sports are suspended.
- Swimming pools, hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas in Y branches are currently closed.
- Information about child care for essential workers can be found here.
Early Childhood Education Centers
- YMCA Early Childhood Education Centers in Southeast, Downtown and Northwest Huntsville are currently closed.
It is the hope of the YMCA to have our programs back up and running once it is deemed safe to do so. Thank you for your membership, your support helps the Y serve our community during this challenging time! #StandWithUs #MoreThanAGym #BetterTogether #YStrong