Our Child Watch program is a YMCA member amenity provided without additional charge. Let our staff watch your children while you work out or take part in Y programs! They will have a great time playing under the supervision of caring, experienced staff. At the same time, you will be able to relax, connect with other Y members, and enjoy the healthy activities at your preferred YMCA.
YMCA Child Watch Policies
- Only children listed on your YMCA Family membership plan will be eligible for this service.
- Limit 2 hours per visit.
- Space is limited. Once maximum capacity has been reached, a sign will be posted at the Child Watch and Courtesy Counter.
- Help us with expected wait time by filling in your approximate visit time on the sign-in sheet so that we can notify parents who are waiting for the service.
- Parents are responsible for following check-in and check-out procedures.
- If someone other than the parent who checked in the child will be checking the child out, staff must be notified by the check-in parent. ID may be required.
- If a child cries continuously or appears to be distressed for more than 10 minutes, parents will be notified and should assist in calming the child.
- No food or drink products will be allowed in the Child Watch area.
- Any child who appears to be ill and contagious (fever and/or cough, for example) will not be allowed to stay for the health of staff and other children.
- Please be sure to take your children to the restroom before checking them in; staff may not leave the Child Watch room unattended.
Age Ranges for Child Watch
- Downtown Express YMCA: 3 months - 11 years
- Hogan Family YMCA: 2 months - 12 years
- Southeast Family YMCA: 6 weeks - 12 years