Welcome to the STRONG community
Welcome to the STRONG Community where we are changing thousands of lives every day. We are strengthening people in Spirit, Mind, and Body. The STRONG Community is inspiring and motivating its members organically each day to be better than the day before.
Find the encouragement you seek through challenges, our STRONG Community Facebook group, video messages and more, all throughout the year! Powered by your YMCA.
Six weeks, 20 minutes a day, five days a week! We’ll experiment with weekly challenges and rhythms designed to open us up to a purpose-driven, healthier life. Take the Challenge, have some fun, and discover what it means to Hit the RESET button.
Step 1: Register for the free, 6-week RESET Challenge
Step 2: Text RESET to 866-549-9622 to opt in for text messages, if you haven't already
Step 3: Download a RESET calendar or pick one up at your local YMCA to track your progress.
Need registration help? Call your local branch: Downtown YMCA 256.319.9622 | Southeast YMCA 256.883.9622 | Hogan YMCA (Madison) 256.705.9622
RESET Challenge FAQs:
Do I have to be a YMCA member to participate?
- No, the RESET Challenge is open to everyone in the community age 18 & up!
How does RESET work?
- Register for the free program, commit to at least 20 minutes of exercise 5 days a week for 6 weeks, track your progress on your RESET calendar, and claim a souvenir T-shirt at the end!
- RESET is from February 1 through March 13, 2021.
Can I use the YMCA?
- Of course! YMCA Members can come to the Y to safely work out, swim, walk, and participate in classes as normal. You can count that activity towards your RESET goal.
- Non-members must be registered RESET participants to use the YMCA. Non-members are permitted to use the Y facilities for one visit each week of the RESET challenge from Feb. 1-March 13, 2021. Visits will count toward YMCA guest policies. Please note that Child Watch is not available for non-members, and non-members may not bring guests or non-registered family members with them.
- All RESET participants will be subject to Y policies currently in effect for in-person visits including group exercise class reservations.
Will there be special RESET events or outdoor classes?
- Yes! The YMCA will host both virtual online classes and events as well as safe, socially distanced outdoor classes, runs, walks, and other events (to be announced) throughout the RESET challenge.
Do I have to opt in to text messages?
- It's not required, but we hope that you will fully engage in RESET and the STRONGLIFE community by consenting to receive encouraging, inspiring and motivational messages from coaches and leaders.